The latest news on film & series
- KinoCheck News: All top news of the week at a glanceThis time around: Improv ban on "Deadpool 3," a prominent newcomer to "Venom 3" and a female spin-off to "Fast and Furious. Plus, a megastar joins the "Bullet Train" sequel, Johnny Cage has been cast in "Mortal Kombat 2" and an "Alien vs. Predator" anime series exists that no one may ever see.
- John Wick 5: Lionsgate chief confirms development"John Wick 4" not only recently helped the popular franchise centered around Keanu Reeves reach the magical box office hurdle of one billion dollars, but also raised big questions about what happens next. Joe Drake, Lionsgate's chief executive, has finally spoken out on the matter.
- Thunderbolts: MCU movie put on holdThe writers' strike in the USA claims its next victims: The MCU productions "Thunderbolts" & "Wonder Man" have been put on hold according to a report by Deadline.
- The Alien vs Predator Anime Series is CompletedThe last installment of the Alien film series called "Alien: Covenant" from 2017 was received with mixed feelings. Therefore, many are curious how and whether the series can reinvent itself and return to old-known quality. Now it became known that another series has even been completed - but Disney is simply keeping it under wraps.
- Deadpool 3: Improvisation Forbidden!?News about "Deadpool 3" never ceases: Not only have more characters been confirmed to return in the sequel once again, but the start of filming is also ill-fated due to the writers' strike in the United States.
More current news
- Mortal Kombat 2: The Actor for Johnny Cage Has Been FoundReleased in 2021, "Mortal Kombat" was anything but a success with fans and critics. "Mortal Kombat 2" dares to make a new attempt to convince the audience. It also features a well-known actor who will play the role of Johnny Cage.
- Female Power in New Fast and Furious Spin-Off?The grand finale of the "Fast and Furious" series has just opened in theaters. Recently, leading actor Vin Diesel suggested that the conclusion of the film series might be extended to three films. Now he added to this and revealed that after "Fast X" and parts 11 and 12, the franchise would by no means be over.
- Bullet Train 2: The Sequel with Margot Robbie is in the WorksThe action movie "Bullet Train" by director David Leitch, which was released last year, delivered fast-paced action and a top cast. As Giant Freaking Robot now reported with reference to insider information, there will probably soon be a sequel to the action spectacle. A new cast member from Australia is attracting a lot of attention.
- Superman Legacy: Who will be the New Leading Man?Ever since it became clear that Henry Cavill will no longer play a part in the current DCU and will therefore not return as Man of Steel, the question of a suitable successor has come up. As we already know, the successor is supposed to play a much younger Superman in the upcoming "Superman: Legacy".
- After Leak: There is Now the Official Teaser Trailer for the Five Nights at Freddy's MovieThe video game "Five Nights at Freddy's" was released almost nine years ago and has since produced numerous sequels. Shortly after the start of the game series, there were discussions about a film adaptation. Now there is finally the first official teaser for the horror film adaptation.
- Venom 3: Marvel Star Chiwetel Ejiofor Is InvolvedOne of the most popular characters from Sony's Spider-Man Universe is certainly the anti-hero Venom. The last time lead actor Tom Hardy was able to show what he can get out of the character was in 2021 in "Venom 2: Let There Be Carnage". This makes the new information about "Venom 3", which recently became public, all the more exciting.
- Fast & Furious 12: The Finale of the Action Series will be Completed with Another FilmThis week, "Fast X", originally the penultimate part of the popular action series, was released in cinemas. As was reported last week, there is now further news about the future of the franchise in time for the theatrical release, which should please many fans.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Not Involved In Terminator 7"I'll be back" - or maybe not: Those who were looking forward to the next "Terminator" movie with Arnold Schwarzenegger need to be strong now: Sadly, Arnie has bad news about the future of his most famous role.
- Loki 2 and Echo Release Dates AnnouncedFinally, Marvel fans know more, as the release dates for "Loki" Season 2 and the new "Echo" series have been announced. At the same time, there are two particularities in the world of MCU shows.
- Hellboy: The Crooked Man Wraps FilmingFans of tough devils with a soft spot for cats can rejoice: Filming for "Hellboy: The Crooked Man" has been completed. After "Hellboy" and "Hellboy II" with Ron Perlman and 2019's "Hellboy" reboot with "Stranger Things" star David Harbour attempted to be big blockbusters, the new movie will rely entirely on the horror elements of the comic original.
- These Stars are Expected to be Part of the Upcoming Beetlejuice 2The horror comedy "Beetlejuice" hit the big screen almost 35 years ago. Among fans, the project is one of the absolute classics of the 1980s. As it was revealed this week, there is some new information about the late sequel "Beetlejuice 2".
- The Five Nights at Freddy's Movie: Here's How Creator Scott Cawthon Reacts to the Unwanted LeakThe hype surrounding the upcoming film adaptation of the video game "Five Nights at Freddy's" is huge. After a leak about the still work-in-progress movie made the rounds last weekend, game creator Scott Cawthon expressed great frustration regarding the circumstances, but was pleasantly surprised by a number of fans.
- The Writers Strike Now Affects Stranger Things 5, Blade, The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power, and MoreThe large-scale strike of the Writers Guild of America began on May 2, 2023. The union represents many writers in the US film and TV industry, which is why the effects of the current strike are being felt in many ways. In the following, we will inform you about the current state of affairs and the affected films and series.
- Meg 2: Jason Statham vs. Megalodon in the First Trailer for the Action Blockbuster!Big, bigger, The Meg: The new trailer for "Meg 2" has taken the Internet by storm and raised anticipation to a new level. The trailer promises a film full of suspense, action and adventure that is in no way inferior to its predecessor with Jason Statham.
- The DC Superdog Makes an Appearance in James Gunn's Superman: Legacy"Superman: Legacy" with a surprise guest: Krypto makes his debut as a superdog in the upcoming DC film by James Gunn. Find out more about the four-legged friend's planned role and his superpowers here!
- Oppenheimer: New Trailer for Christopher Nolan's New Movie with Cillian MurphyThe next film from star director Christopher Nolan is eagerly awaited. In "Oppenheimer" everything revolves around the development of the first atomic bomb and the moral conflicts that go along with it. Earlier this week, the new trailer finally came out - and it already shows plenty of tension and atmosphere.
- Deadpool 3: This Fan Favorite from the Second Part is Set to Come BackDeadpool is without question one of the most popular anti-heroes in the Marvel universe. In addition to him and Wolverine, some characters will make their comeback in "Deadpool 3" and as we know since this week, among them is a real fan favorite from the second part.