"James Bond": Daniel Craig Comments on His Successor

The Marvel star has long been considered a secret favorite

by Pierre Lorenz on January 4, 2023

The first "James Bond" movie was released in 1962, and over the decades many generations have been treated to a total of 27 movies. Almost everyone knows at least one movie from the franchise and, of course, most Bond fans have their favorite actor for the lead role. Daniel Craig played Agent 007 for many years, but since the last movie "No Time to Die" from 2021 it is clear that a new actor will slip into the world-famous role in the future.

There has been a lot of speculation over the past year and a couple of names have come up frequently in countless discussions, including Tom Hiddleston, Idris Elba, Tom Hardy and even "The Witcher" star Henry Cavill. In an interview with Josh Horowitz, Daniel Craig has now explicitly talked about a successor. In response to a question from Horowitz about whether he had heard of the rumors about "Kick-Ass" actor Aaron Taylor-Johnson as James Bond, the 54-year-old replied that he doesn't follow rumors on social media. While Craig's answer was rather evasive, he did not deny the current rumor either and said that he was looking forward to seeing a new actor on the big screen.

Prior to this interview, there were reports that Taylor-Johnson had already met with producers Barbara Broccoli and her colleague Michael G. Wilson. The two are said to have been very taken with Taylor-Johnson, but there is no real evidence of this yet. After all, the 32-year-old, who will also star in "Kraven the Hunter", is a native Brit and thus meets the most essential requirement to be cast as James Bond.

How much truth there is to these reports remains to be seen. In any case, there won't be a new movie before 2025, which is why those responsible can still take their time with their decisions.

Image of Gladiator 2, M3GAN vs. Annabelle, Guardians of the Galaxy 3© Sony Pictures